About the Journal
Unbound: A Journal of Digital Scholarship publishes content on a rolling basis, in annual editions. We also publish Proceedings selected conferences. Unbound asserts the values practiced by the Digital Cultural Studies Cooperative community, celebrates inclusion, and actively encourages the contributions of underrepresented groups. Unbound welcomes work from scholars and professionals at all stages of professional development in all fields and is strongly committed to diversity, equity, and the free expression of ideas for all contributors.
Unbound publishes work that explores the interstices of digital scholarship, broadly conceived, with an emphasis on digital cultural studies; critical digital humanities; libraries, archives, and museums; the interpretive social sciences; and socially engaged computational or quantitative methods.
Open Access Policy
- This is an open access journal. All content is freely available without charge to readers or institutions.
- We charge no author fees for article processing or submission.
- Users may read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of all content in this journal without asking for prior permission from the editor, publisher, or author. This conforms to the BOAI definition of open access.
- If you use work from this journal in scholarship or pedagogy, please let us know. We welcome Pedagogy and Research Notes as part of our rolling short-form content.
- Unless otherwise specified by the author/s (because the work contains components to which the author/s do not hold copyright, e.g. licensed music/artwork), works are published using the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial (CC BY-NC) license. Authors may also elect to license their works under more permissive terms at their discretion.
- Authors retain copyright and publishing rights of their work without restriction. We ask as a courtesy that republished works acknowledge Unbound as a previous venue of publication.
In keeping with current innovations in scholarly communication, Articles and Portfolios undergo open peer review, in which both author and reviewer names are disclosed. The Digital Cultural Studies Cooperative is committed to fostering the work of student and early career scholars and professionals, and we advocate an ethic of care and mentoring in offering feedback. In the same spirit, Editorials, Notes, and Reviews undergo editorial review to expedite publication of timely content. To volunteer to serve as a peer reviewer, please create an account.
About the Publisher
The Digital Cultural Studies Cooperative is a community that seeks to explore, celebrate, question, and disrupt these intersections in order to advance an inclusive dialog that spans boundaries and highlights unlikely connections in the field of digital humanities.